The plan was not to spend the day indoors making Baked Mini Donuts with 2 rambuncious children. But after the 75th reading of “If you give a Dog a Donut” it was only a matter of time that the girls would request Donuts.
I had no idea how to make Baked Mini Donuts, nor did I ever plan on making them. You guys! This is Canada. You want a donut, you drive 5 minutes to your local Tim Hortons. But of course, the whole process of baking donuts if just as fun as eating them. So off we went, filling up an entire afternoon making Donuts.
Found the cutest of pans for mini Donuts which actually included a Baked Mini Donut Recipe. So rather than exhausting myself in searching out the best, yet easiest recipe on Pinterest, I too this as a sign. I ran with the recipe on the back of the box.
GUESS WHAT GUYS?! It rocked our Mini Donut World!
EASY Baked Mini Donuts Recipe
1 1/4 cup Cake Flour
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tbsp Butter, melted
Baked Donuts Coating
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Peheat your oven to 425F
- Spray your Mini Donut Pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, sift together Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Nutmeg and Salt
- Next, add your Buttermilk, Egg and Butter and stir until well combined
- Fill the donut pan each only 1/2 way full, and tap pan on the counter to spread
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, until they start to brown
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes
- Finally, dip donut tops in melted Butter and then into the Sugar mixture
NOTE: In this recipe we used Homogonized Milk as it’s what we had on-hand and it worked perfectly. I feel like this recipe is a great base for any adjustments within reason.
If you have ever wanted to try making your own Baked Mini Donuts, know that it’s totally possible to attempt it without failure. Come on, didn’t you see the video above? I did it with 2 littles sitting countertop. It’s crazy simple!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links