Let me tell you a funny story;
Last Thursday was the FIRST DAY OF FALL and instead of doing what I was supposed to do, which was get to them bottom of my inbox, update my media kit and place an online grocery order, OH NO, instead I baked! I baked and baked and baked some more. And then I ate it. THE END.
Now THAT’S a story worth reading!
No, but really, last Thursday I found myself in the kitchen, losing myself in a can of pumpkin puree that was gonna be tossed unless put to good use. And so the story goes. I made a Pumpkin Banana Loaf, a double batch of Pumpkin White Chocolate Cookies (because I know what’s good for me) and a…. well the third thing I made I can’t tell you just yet, it’s a tad bit SURPRISE’ISH, if surprise’ish was a word.
So yeah, enough said, the loaf is delicious, as per me, Sammy, Sofia and Stella. It will pretty much please anyone that has a mouth, eater of all things or the worst of the worst picky-eaters, YOU HAVE MY WORD!
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter //room temp.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bananas //large, ripe, mashed
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Start off by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees, then grease your loaf pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together your Butter and Brown Sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add your 2 eggs and mix until blended.
- Stir in your mashed Bananas, Sour Cream, Pumpkin, and Vanilla until combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients, small amounts at a time.
- Fill your loaf pan with half of your batter, sprinkle with the Cinnamon Sugar mixture and then spoon the rest of your batter atop
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- On a cooled loaf, drizzle the glaze, slice, serve and enjoy.
- Little tip, heads up if you will, the mix when adding in your wet to the dry will be thick and sticky, this is what you want, don't worry!
When it comes to Fall baking you guys, I don’t mess around! My calendar says it’s officially Fall, now whether the weather has decided to embrace this or not, Pumpkin Spice everything over here. Excuse me while I go turn the AC on high, bundle up and light some candles.
I dunno about outside, but I know it sure feels like fall in here!