I can’t begin to tell you how excited we are to be partnering with Breville Canada again and sharing our honest review on their new Super Q Blender.
Like any other parent that’s been around the block – feeding our little humans anything with an ounce of nutrition is an uphill battle. While my girls love fruit and can eat it until the cows come home, we hit a wall when it comes to veggies. It honestly baffles me that someone can have so much hate for a carrot, or celery – it tastes like water.
My biggest parent flex is being able to throw all the veggies into a smoothie and actually get my kids to beg for more. Not going to lie – I have no real recipe other than how much green can I sneak in without them realizing it. Most of my smoothies consist of avocado, spinach, kale, masked with strawberries and pineapple, and a small sprinkle of hemp hearts.
Seeing them drink it gives me so much pleasure. Is that weird? that’s weird!
Breville asked us to try out their new Super Q Blender and there was no way I was going to say no. I mean it is the only way I get vegetables into my children after all.
THE BREVILLE SUPER Q BLENDER STATS
- Quick and Powerful: with a powerful 1800 Watt motor, the Super Q has the highest possible motor rating. With 186mph blade tip speed under load for quick results.
- 5 One Touch Programs: One Touch programs feature optimized time/speeds to produce the tastiest results. Enjoy silkier dairy smoothies and smoother green smoothies thanks to the two smoothie programs. Turn ice into snow with pulse/ice crush, get creative with the frozen desserts function or make fast hot cold-to-hot soups easily with the soup one touch program.
- 12 Speed Settings: Easy selection and advanced texture optimization for smoother & softer textures. Create natural nut butters, nut & bean milks, fresh cocktails, fine milled flour, creamy dips, rich sauces, zesty dressings and freshly ground spices.
- Noise Suppression Technology: high performance that’s easier on the ear. A unique cooling system reduces operating noise optimizing this super blender for the home.
- Personal Blender Attachment: The Super Q comes with an additional blade system to mix food and drinks directly into a personal blender cup. So you can have your drinks on the go and blend smaller amounts of food into a small vessel. It features an intelligent base that automatically recognizes the vessel and optimizes performance, whether you use the 68oz jug or the personal blending on the go cup.
The Super Q Blender comes with an incredible recipe book that consists of nut milks, butter, sauces, rubs, soups, frozen desserts and COOKIES! I’m not kidding – you can make chocolate chip cookies in the Super Q Blender.
If it wasn’t incredible enough with the quick motor, the self-cleaning function, the noise suppression and the single serving mini blender attachment, the cookies will sell you! I’m certain of it.
WE TESTED THE FROZEN DESSERT FUNCTION
We decided to put the frozen dessert function to the ultimate test with an amazing 2 ingredient ice cream. I’m not kidding when I tell you that this was the most simple ice cream ever.
I reluctantly asked the girls for their thoughts on flavors. Deep down I knew better than to ask two sisters who could not be more different. ROOKIE MOM MOVE.
They had 4 options to choose from; blueberry, pineapple, strawberry or a mixed berry. Stella was Team Blueberry while Sofia was all for the Pineapple. Decided not to play referee and just make 2 half batches. Everyone was happy this way including myself who didn’t have to be the tie-breaking vote and make one child cry.
MY OVERALL THOUGHTS
In conclusion Breville’s Super Q Blender completely blew our expectations out of the water – and believe you me, we had the bar held high.
From the large capacity jug (68 oz.) and perfectly sized single serving blender cup (24 oz.); we think this is the perfect blender for any family size. From the incredible amount of modes, ultra quiet blend feature, self-cleaning function and 10 YEAR WARRENTY – there is nothing not to love.
The Super Q comes with a tamper and spatula accessory for when making thicker creations, like smoothies and ice creams or soups and doughs. While I figured we would have to use it to make the ice cream, we actually didn’t. That motor that they boast about is no joke. It blended with ease and created such a velvety smooth consistency.
I was so impressed with how fast this thing blended and chopped. We had the ice cream made in under 2 minutes. Toughest part for the littles was waiting for it to freeze up so we could try it.
Still, one of my favorite features has to be the self-cleaning function. Not because I’m lazy, but more because I feel like it can cleans better under the blade than I could. Gave it a rinse, put in some warm water, a squeeze of dish soap and popped it back on the base. Put the lid on tight (don’t forget this unless you want to wash your kitchen too) pressed the “clean” button and let it do it’s thing.
As for the verdict on the Blueberry Pineapple Ice Cream; I think the pictures should speak for itself.
It feels wrong to put any sort of time into an actual recipe card. This ice cream recipe is as simple as it gets my friends. Take 1 can of condensed milk and 8 cups of frozen fruit. That is all! In our case I did 1/2 a can of condensed milk and 4 cups of blueberries. Poured this into our bowl and then created the Pineapple. Again, the remainder of the condensed milk and 4 cups of frozen Pineapple chunks.
I ended up tossing some fresh blueberries on top (because I had them) and threw it in the freezer overnight.
Honestly, I’m looking forward to playing around with this simple ice cream recipe. Wishing I had discovered it before Summer was nearly over. Guess I can’t win them all!
When Breville approached us they made it clear that they had 2 purposes for this partnership. They wanted to showcase the Super Q Blender and all it’s glory. And finally they wanted to support local eateries with good company.
Breville wants to give one of you a $500 voucher to a restaurant of your choice. Breville wants nothing more than to see friends and family gather safely (however that may look in your city) and once again enjoy good company.
2020 has brought us all a great deal of disconnect, they want to help change that as well as support the local food scene. Incredibly generous I would say! Another reason why we love Breville Canada so much.
If you would like to enter, please head to our Instagram and ENTER TO WIN.