2018 has been quite the year, both personally and from a business stand-point. As good as it was to me at times, it also handed me a fair share of garbage. I’m not here to focus on the bad, as I lived it, I don’t need to do it again. I want to focus on all the good that came to me an my family this year. Relish in the best and most favorite blog posts, and brand collaboration. The epic vlogs that went live on our channel, with a token few going VIRAL. And of course our most cherished of memories shared with you all.
I’m very thankful for 2018, but I am also very much over it. #byefelicia
Bring on 2019 and all the wonder that comes with it. I have high hopes for this upcoming year, like I’m sure many do. Shall we take a trip down memory lane? Join me won’t you? (channelling Mr. Rogers on this one)
89 BLOG POSTS WRITTEN
My blog hit some major milestones this year. Personal ones that make me just so very grateful that I started blogging. As I am sure you have read, many times, blogging is not the easy stay-at-home-mom gig that many make it look. It’s a lot of late nights and early mornings making deadlines. A lot of editing, a lot of picture taking, a lot of begging of your children to smile. It’s no different than a regular 9 to 5 other than the fact that you can go to work in your pajamas and you’re welcome to steal ANY food you find in the lunchroom fridge. I worked with some amazing brands, and said no to a lot of opportunities that just didn’t fit with my vision. This year was the year of being okay to say no and realizing my worth.
- My Top 7 Brand Collaborations were with Breville Canada (here and here), August Home (here), FreshPrep Vancouver (here), TELUS (here and here), Bayer (here), Great Clips (here) and Kobo (here).
- My Personal Favorites were the recipe for Raspberry Cream Popsicles, this Dole Whip recipe and looking back on this makes me smile, the day in the life of a suburban mom.
- Some of our Most Popular blog posts were Printable Stroller Sign for Disneyland, this post on 5 ways to prevent stroller theft in Disneyland, and my rant on Online Grocery Shopping.
51 VLOGS MADE
We got into a real rhythm in 2018 on our YouTube Channel. I didn’t go out and set big goals for daily vlogs. I knew this would be something I couldn’t and didn’t want to do. With big comittments on my blog I couldn’t comitt myself. These vlogs were more of a passion, a little side project that allowed me to document our lives and special moments. I wanted to put out a vlog a week. Every Friday I wanted to be able to share a video I was proud of, that not only my girls wanted to watch but so did you. Hitting 51 vlogs for the year, a few weeks I missed and others I made up with a few double features. In the end, I couldn’t be more proud of the memories shared and community built.
- Top 3 Vlogs on our channel are Ukulele Surprise with 47,000 views, We Did Random Acts of Kindness with 2,400 views and She had her first Ukulele Lesson with 1,300 views
- Personal favorites of mine are 24hr Challenge with a Dinosaur, BIG Family Surprise, Best Friends being BRUTALLY Honest and We made Snow ICE CREAM!
- The most EMOTIONAL vlog posted called I cried; I blame my head cold
4 TRIPS TAKEN
We went to Seattle in May, visited the Woodland Park Zoo and Pike Place Market. Did all things good tourist do while in Seattle. In August we rented a Cabin around Cultus Lake and just RELAXED. Well, as relaxing as any family vacation could be. So really we did not stop between the times of 7am and 7pm to which point Sammy and I relaxed until we fell asleep on the couch. We surprised the girls with a trip to Disneyland in October, visiting the park during Halloween time. It was an incredible expereince. Finally, we concluded the year with one last trip to Seattle in December for an extra special purpose. We wanted to catch a massive Dinosaur show that was in town we just knew the girls would love, especially our mini dino expert, Stella. It was an epic way to end the year.
- May Seattle Road Trip Vlog
- August Cultus Lake Cabin Vlog & Cultus Lake Adventure Park Vlog
- December Disneyland Vlog, California House Rental, Kid Carry-On Essentials & DIY Mickey Mouse Ears
- December Seattle Road Trip Stories
I’ve hinted a few times on social media that there are going to be some pretty major changes around here. If you have not noticed all our accounts have changed from Little Miss Mama to Tairalyn, including our website. We feel like our new direction although still very much about motherhood it’s not the focus.
I’m so very excited about bringing you all on this journey and hopefully inspiring you to take your own. I can’t do this alone… well I can, but it would be so much better with you.
See you NEXT YEAR!
Are you following us on social media? You should be, come find us on:
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // YouTube // Pinterest
Olivia clow says
I would love to take a trip out to Vancouver some day I will make it with my girls . Following you on every thing twitter . Facebook Instagram Pinterest