We’re all looking for fun things to do online right now.
Like the rest of the world, we’re stuck at home, distancing ourselves from one another in hopes to slow the spread of this damn virus. Uncertain times calls for extraordinary measures… businesses, corporations and celebrities from all around the world have come through in a BIG WAY for us.
I get it, there are so many places we would all rather be right now, people we would love to visit, and things we would like to do. But right now is not that time. And thanks to all these beautiful humans (and companies), they’re making this quarantine a cake-walk.
I’ve compiled a list of 20 fun things to do online right now! From free ballet classes, to art classes with Mo Williams, to world renowned museums you can now tour virtually, to live concerts, operas and bedtime stories read by celebrities.
Stay in and stay healthy people! WE GOT THIS!
Josh Gad reads live to your children, nightly
- The Cleveland Inner City Ballet (CIBC) is offering FREE BALLET classes online (starting March 18th for 3 weeks)
- Children’s Book Author, Mo Willems is getting his doodle on virtually. LEARN TO DOODLE with the pro online (weekdays, 1pm ET)
- Josh Gad, voice of Frozen’s Olaf, is READING TO CHILDREN, and adults all over the world, live on Twitter every night.
- 12 Famous Museums from around the world are offering FREE TOURS you can take virtually, from you couch.
- Scholastics Books is offering DAY-TO-DAY PROJECTS for kids based on their age, while schools are closed.
- The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (VSO) live streamed the BeethovenFest Finale, virtually, sit back and WATCH THE SYMPHONY.
- Looking for fun things to do online? The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is taking you on a daily HOME SAFARI live on their Facebook page. Featuring new animals everyday (daily, 3pm ET)
- Stay active with Planet Fitness Canada. They’re providing AT-HOME WORKOUTS live from their Facebook page (daily)
- This neat website, MapCrunch will drop you someplace in the world where you can virtually walk around and take a VIRTUAL TRIP.
- Currently in the works, baby guru Jamie Grayson is going to offer BROADWAY BABIES HAPPY HOUR on his Facebook page. Starting this week, you and your kids can be entertained by some of the best creative humans in the industry. (daily)
Virtually Tour 33 National Parks
- Here are 33 National Parks from around the world allowing you to now take a VIRTUAL WALKING TOUR at them.
- YouTube Channel, Wild Free & Crafty is hosting FREE ART CLASSES for both kids and adults alike.
- Virtual YOGA FOR KIDS; Cosmic Yoga has been a favorite of ours for years now. Not new, but still very much important to note here.
- How about being read your BEDTIME STORY from space? The Global Space Education Foundation has outdone themselves, thank you!
- Jann Arden hosted a LIVE CONCERT on her Facebook page yesterday and it still lives there for all to revisit (March 16th)
- Melissa Etheridge is hosting LIVE CONCERTS on her Facebook page for the next few weeks (March 17th – 31st, 3pm PST)
- John Legend plans on live streaming his HOME CONCERT on Twitter too. At this rate, 2020 is going to bring me to more concert than any year ever (March 17th, 1pm PT)
- Cold Play’s Chris Martin did a MINI CONCERT on Twitter today that will be saved there for your viewing pleasure.
- The Social Distancing Festival has daily LIVE PERFORMANCES from all over the world (daily)
- The Met has launched Nightly Met OPERA STREAMS starting this week (March 16 to 22nd)
- Universal will be releasing movies online that are still in theaters during this time of quarantine (starting March 20th)
I will be updating this list as time goes on. I’m sure this is just the beginning of many incredible gestures from those around us. With so many wanting to help anyway they can. I’m hoping this little resource will be my way of helping out.
The plan is to write another post, another resource list of educational sites who are offering free help as we navigate school closures. As well as another list of educational shows and movies that have been released as us parents navigate through this uncertain time with our children.
This is how I hope to help.